Guidelines to Authors
- Original and unpublished quantitative and qualitative manuscripts discussing any topics in the social sciences, related to or with implications for Asia-Pacific, are considered.
- Manuscripts are categorized into two—Research Articles (RA) and Research Briefs (RB). Compared to RB, RA have more compelling data and perspectives and are generally longer (i.e., ≥5,000 words). Systematic reviews, either as RA or RB, are particularly welcome.
- A manuscript contained in a single MS Word file must be submitted bearing the title, author information (note: provide full names, organizational affiliation, country and email address and indicate the corresponding author in case of multiple authors), abstract and keywords (note: these parts are not applicable to RB), introduction, methods, results, discussion, conclusion, acknowledgements including declarations of funding source/s, ownership, conflict of interest and ethical clearance, and references. The abstract (not more than 500 words) must state the rationale, objectives, methods, results and conclusion of the study reported in the manuscript. A maximum of five tables and high-resolution figures should be placed in their exact locations within the manuscript rather than at its end, or in a separate file. When preparing a manuscript, including tables, figures, in-text citations and references, authors should abide by the rules of the American Psychological Association 7th Edition (APA), click this link to see an example. References in non-Roman scripts and non-English languages must have their English versions. Include the URL and/or DOI of each of the cited sources in the References section. Only manuscripts that follow the foregoing guidelines shall be entertained.
- Manuscripts can be submitted anytime to the APSSR’s ScholarOne™ Submission Platform. Once received, a manuscript will undergo a similarity check, and thereafter, the material will be evaluated based on the quality of its: data and perspectives (is the topic compelling or emerging, and is it supported by sound and rigorous data?); writing (is the English Language expression correct and clear?); and organization (does it have all the required sections, and are the sections appropriately done according to the rules of the APA?). Manuscripts complying with the submission criteria are queued, on a first-come, first-served basis, according to the four regular editions–March (online edition only), June (online and print editions), September (online edition only), and December (online and print editions).
- When a manuscript is queued, it means it will be considered for publication but only after it is peer reviewed. Review results once available are sent to the corresponding author. Review results may mean acceptance or rejection of a manuscript. Acceptance of a manuscript for publication is tentative until the required revisions are fully complied with. Non-compliance and non-completion of revision requirements may result in outright rejection.
- Accepted manuscripts are copy edited and are emailed to the corresponding authors for appropriate action based on the suggested changes of the copy editor. Thereafter, the copy edited and author-checked version is formatted. Finally, the proof, along with instructions on accessing and completing the Copyright Agreement, is emailed to the corresponding author for proper action. The Copyright Agreement requires the corresponding author to formally agree, among others, that his/her manuscript is original and unpublished and has no plagiarized contents and other unethical practices. The APSSR reserves the right not to publish an accepted manuscript if the corresponding author fails to fully carry out the revision and to promptly return a signed Copyright Agreement form. Overall, more than 95% of the accepted manuscripts are published in the APSSR in less than 12 months.
- Only the corresponding authors shall be provided with a hard copy of the APSSR. In addition to this website, published manuscripts are also disseminated in the Facebook Page of the journal, at https://www.facebook.com/DLSUAPSSR/.
- The APSSR has no article publication charge.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.